Challah Baking with Sigal
April 3, 2020, 11:00 am - 11:30 am
Add to iCal | Add to Google Calendar
Join Sigal for virtual Challah baking!
Make 2 small challahs for your family to enjoy on Shabbat, with Zoom instruction and tips from Sigal.
Want more than 2 small challahs?
Sigal will give instructions to double the recipe!
What you’ll need:
- Mixing bowl (Medium-sized)
- Small bowl or cup for mixing
- Small spoon for mixing
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon for mixing (or your hands!)
- Plastic wrap or a large plastic bag
- Parchment paper or silicone mat
- Baking pan
- Active Dry Yeast (1 tsp) + Warm water (1 tbsp)
- Flour (1.5 cups, plus more as needed)
- Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Vegetable Oil (2 tbsp)
- Warm water (1/3 cup, plus more as needed)
- 1 egg for egg-wash
- Topping of your choice (sesame seeds, everything spice mix, za’atar, cinnamon sugar, etc.)
You can measure out all your ingredients in advance, or when ready to use, but be sure to have all the ingredients and supplies ready to use when you join the Zoom call at 11:00 am!
If you plan to double the recipe, be sure to have enough of all the ingredients ready to go.