Join Rabbi Bolton for a Zoom Schmooze at 2:00 pm. Hear about Pesah food and have time to schmooze with friends and fellow community members.
Then, at 2:30 pm, make Matzah Bourekas with Sigal! Join her live as she does a step-by-step tutorial on how to make a delicious lunch (or dinner, or snack!).
Join information: https://zoom.us/j/966043807?pwd=aVlyNVJKYmxkcGxUMmIvcSsyeFpaUT09
Meeting ID: 966 043 807, Password: 021000
What you need:
Quantities will vary according to how many bourekas you want to make. This recipe does not have to be “exact,” so feel free to get similar ingredients, or anything you may want to fill your bourekas with!
- cottage cheese
- shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder)
- tomato sauce (if you want to make “Pizza Bourekas”)
- Cooked potatoes (If you want to make Potato Bourekas, cook 2-3 potatoes in advance. Peel potatoes, cut into small cubes and boil until cooked.)
- 1 onion
- margarine, butter, and/or olive oil
- Matzah! Whole wheat matzahs are ok, but white matzah will be the best. Each board of matzah makes 4 bourekas, so calculate how much matzah you’ll need based on how many people are eating. Figure 1-1.5 matzahs/person.
- 1-3 eggs
- cutting board
- small bowl for egg
- plate or large square/rectangular pan or tupperware for matzah
- clean dish towel
- frying pan
- wooden spoon (or some sort of spoon for mixing onions)
- Tongs or 2 forks for frying
- Plate or dish to put prepared bourekas
- Paper towels